September 16, 2020
To accommodate changes in the weather, and to allow more people to attend Mass, we’re adjusting our Mass schedule on Sundays.
Here's our new 'live' Mass schedule:
Saturdays 5:00 p.m. indoors
Saturdays 6:00 p.m. outdoors
Saturdays 7:30 p.m. in Vietnamese, every other Saturday, outdoors
Sundays: 8:00 am. indoors
Sundays: 9:00 a.m. outdoors
Live outdoor Masses are held in the upper parking lot on Stevens Drive. Attendance is limited to 200 people per outdoor Mass; attendance indoors is limited to 50. Those who attend MUST wear a mask the whole time and maintain a distance of 6 feet from others. For outdoors Masses, bring your own chair and whatever you need to keep cool or warm ;).
You must register to attend these Masses, each time. Here’s the link to sign up:
While seating will be physically distant, and we won’t be singing* or shaking hands, attendance may pose a serious health risk. It’s perfectly fine to continue to watch our livestream Masses. Please continue to pray for a remission of this pandemic. And do your part to minimize its spread. God bless you!
You can read a letter from Msgr. Champoux with guidance about attendance protocol here
*Do you miss liturgical music? Click the clef for music that supports the Sunday liturgy!
Confessions! Saturdays, from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. in our school cafeteria. To keep everyone safe, here’s how it will work:
- Park in one of 10 numbered parking spots in the lower parking lot on Stevens Drive. If the spots are full, wait until one is available.
- Wait in your car for an usher to indicate your turn. If you have more than one person in your vehicle, one occupant at a time will proceed to the cafeteria and the others will wait in the car. No more than 8 per car.
- Wear your mask at all times once you exit your car.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Sign in before you enter the cafeteria; registration is for your own protection/contact tracing and the list will be shredded after 14 days.
- Be mindful of the time spent in confession so all can be heard.
- Use the hand sanitizer we’ll have available.
You can always call the parish office (946-1675) and make an appointment for confession
We are continuing to livestream Mass on weekdays, a Holy Hour (Exposition, Adoration, and Benediction) on Fridays, and Sunday Masses in English and Spanish.
- Weekday Mass: Monday through Friday at 8:00 a.m.
- Holy Hour: Friday, only, at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday Mass: recorded during the Saturday Vigil (Spanish at 4:00 p.m., English at 5:00 p.m.).
Watch these broadcasts here: Christ the King Adult Religious Education channel!
We are still producing a Sunday bulletin. It's available in several locations on our web site, including here, as well as www.parishesonline.com.
More Announcements! Although we can't gather, we're not idle. For example:
Food Bank Donations Needed: If you can, please bring non-perishable food and household and personal supplies like toilet paper, laundry and cleaning items, soap, shampoo, and toothpaste and leave them in the box in front of the parish office.
- Fall Bible Study Schedule Announced: Online classes will begin in September. Information about the online format and classes being offered is found here; click on the Adult Bible Study link.
Religious Education Registration Form and Program Updates are online: Like all things 2020, classroom instruction will not be possible this fall; however, all of our coordinators are working hard to make Religious Education engaging, spiritual, and informative—and keep us connected! We’ll be distributing a combination of lesson packets, crafts, games, and videos that families can use at home. You can read all the details here.
The registration form for the 2020-2021 classes can be found here. If you have not signed up, please do so! Here's a video from Msgr. Tom about the importance of teaching our children and featuring Connor Barany, our new Middle School coordinator!
- Sausage Fest Shirts Being Re-ordered!
If you missed your chance to buy one - you have one more opportunity! Please email your requested size to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sizes available include youth, ladies vneck, and unisex crewneck up to 3XL, all are $15. We can also order long-sleeved shirts for $20. Please email your order no later than Sept. 22 to have a shirt guaranteed and set aside for you.
2020 Census: it's not too late to respond! Accurate information is vital. Our responses affect legislative representation boundaries, funding for federal projects, support of education, and much more.
Also, please visit FORMED! This resource offers excellent content. To sign up, click the FORMED icon below.
In addition, our Adult Religious Education program is posting online content and podcasts. Visit www.ckadultre.com or www.facebook.com/CKAdultRE for information and content. Contact Meggin Sanner at 541-571-8402 or email@example.com for more information.
Spiritual Communion: we encourage making a spiritual communion since we rarely receive the Eucharist during this time; the priests lead us though this prayer during the online Masses:
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
Come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.